Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Jeans Pockets Makeover (Part 2)

Hi, I'm Maria! I am a Christian style blogger excited about being a new contributor to Refashion Co-op. Thanks for having me!

Do you like decorated jeans pockets? I'm not a huge fan, so not too long ago I removed the flaps from this particular pair with a seam ripper.

If you missed Part 1 of this refashion, here is a quick recap:


I thought it was a good start, but I still didn't like the orange embroidery.

And so, onto Part 2!


Cost:  $0.00
After close examination, I realized that I could seam rip all of the embroidery off too without damaging the pockets. I think the result is interesting: subtle, polished and yet deconstructed at the same time. And much more appealing to me  :)


Nothy Lane said...

I like it. Thanks for the post - I never thought about taking the embroidery off but I too, am not a big fan or over decorated jean pockets.

cfortin said...

I like the result you achieved. I would not have thought of removing the stitching either.

Cindy - EOD

jennifer elliott said...

I never thought about taking a seam ripper to the pockets. Hmmmmm. Some designs are too gaudy for me and I end up putting the jeans back on the rack. Thanks for the idea!