Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Old Jacket. New Look.

I had an old suit jacket/blazer that has just been hanging my closet for years because it just looked frumpy, but I had too many memories with it to get rid of it, so I decided to give it a new look.

The skirt is unrelated to this project!
All I thought it needed was a new neckline. So I created a V and took it from a four-button to a two-button jacket. (I also repair the fallen cuff on the right sleeve.)

This was much easier than I originally anticipated. I might make some tweaks before I actually wear it. You can see the step-by-step and a bit of the story behind this jacket on my blog, ProbablyRachel.


Lovenicky said...

What a difference opening the neckline can make. Bravo!

Althéa Vestri said...

I think it's easiest to wear like that :)
Beau travail!

jennifer elliott said...

Amazing! I love it! I love vnecklines.

jenny_o said...

Oh my goodness! What a difference - that's amazing.

Elizabeth Hill said...

The new neckline makes such a difference! Very sleek and modern look. Great job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Gema Ensenat said...

Gorgeous! So beautifully done! :)