Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Paisley Indian Skirt Refashion

I found this lovely paisley skirt at the thrift store and just fell for the design. I loved the navy colors mixed with gold and red. It was a very large maxi skirt with some issues with fraying and ripping at the bottom. I decided to cheat and use a commercial pattern and refashion it into a dress. I used some leftover fabric from another project. This dress was very involved and was a lot of work. I used almost the entire skirt to make this dress. There is a small sliver of fabric left. But in the end I am so happy with the outcome.

For more on this refashion click here.



Andrea said...

Great choice on the pattern! This is so great as this dress :) Love it!

Sandy said...

Sometimes it is better to use a pattern, but then it can be a bit restricting to try to get things to fit into the usable fabric.
You have done a great job!
Sandy in the UK

jennifer elliott said...

I love the criss cross bodice! Great job. I love the dress.

Huli said...

Awesome Lauren!

Carissa said...

I already commented on your blog, but I have to say it again: I *love* what you've done here!