Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sweater Tights into Leg Warmers

I bought this particular pair of sweater tights in high school, and they've served me well for many years. Over time, they've slowly stretched out, and saggy tights are not a good look! Luckily, I had other plans in mind for them.

Because I have slender legs, wearing boots is a bit tricky. They're fine over skinny jeans, but 
when I want to wear them with a dress or skirt, there tends to be a lot of gaping in the calf area. 
I typically wear leg warmers (or long, thick socks) to fill the gap, and I figured I could use 
another pair, so I set to work on what may be the shortest refashion I've ever done:

(Note: I forgot to take a before picture, so I photographed a similar pair of tights instead. Sorry!)


Basically, all I did was chop them just below the crotch and then again at the ankles. Ta-da!

1 comment:

IWOM said...

Sometimes the best refashions are the easiest ones!

I must say, when I saw 'leg warmers' in the title I was thinking 'Yikes, big bulky Flashdance leg warmers' but these are lovely and sleek and you've just given me a great idea for a couple pair that were destined for the rag bag.