Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Treasures from the flea market

Hey Refashioners, 

I love to range on flea markets. Usually I find thousands of beautiful clothes and amazing patterns. But most likely the clothes don´t fit. And I have to get creative and a little refashion :)
Here is my latest project:

I found this dress on my last trip to our local flea market.

As you see, the fitting is horrible. But I love the colors and the design. And off we go:

First I ripped of the hem between top and skirt. So I could alter the top to a nice fitted one.

Now I sew the skirt back on the top and inserted a zipper to the side.

Et voilà

For more refashion projects check out my blog :) 

Happy Refashioning,



cfortin said...

Very cute refashion and I love the mask too.

Cindy - EOD

jennifer elliott said...

So much better! I love the refashion.

Gingham Ginger said...

Now that dress is amazing. Great eye.