Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

A dress like a skirt

At first, I had this classical, sexy, feminine dress. Most of you wonder why I needed to refashion. It fitted me perfectly except the deep neckline was so deep. I did not feel comfortable at all wearing it. The day I bought it, I already knew that I was going to change that collar:

So I chopped it without sorrow. Simple and curved hand-free cut, a fancy facing for the finishing and a new dress is born. More like a skirt with suspenders than a dress, its look is more a street cool one than a business chic. I really increase the chances to wear it now. The intermediary steps are shown here


Andrea said...

I am yet again blown away by your vision for refashioning items...I think this is perfect :)

Elizabeth Hill said...

Wow! Love your work!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus