Monday, April 14, 2014

Denim Frill Skirt

These jeans had seen better days, and this skirt I found on Pinterest was just the ticket to give them a new life!

Denim Frill Skirt

In fact, I had the perfect supplementary material to recreate this skirt. I've been holding on to the leftover skirt portion of this dress refashion for over a year now.

Breezy Tee Before & After

So I cut off the jeans, cut out the inseam, and made a mini skirt. Then I cut a curved shape and attached my ruffled skirt. It was a little more involved than that, but not much.

Denim Frill Skirt

I can't wait for the denim to fray some and really start to look awesome. Check out the entire process at CarissaKnits!

Denim Frill Skirt - Before & After

4 comments:

Indy said...

Wow, look at that! I love how you made the jean material curve - it adds so much to the look! So pretty!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

So feminine! A couple good hard shakes to the skirt and some teasing with an old toothbrush ought to achieve a little fray, too.

Really nice results!

Happy highways,
Kelley~

Mary Rigby said...

I just found your blog and I'd like to say, that is amazing! You have awesome design, beautiful photos and interesting posts!

Would you like to follow each other on GFC? (Let me now in my blog)

Blue & Birds (click here)

-Mary Rigby

cfort82 said...

So many cute projects. :-)

Cindy - Upcycled Design Lab