Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dyed and refashioned dress

I loved the pattern of this handknitted cotton dress, but it was pale yellow. Not a good colour for me. It was also 3 or 4 sizes too big.

So i dyed it brown with Dylon, too it in at the sides and shortened the sleeves. I love it now
(I am sorry for the crappy mirror selfie, my camera has died (R.I.P.)).

Its not quite done yet. I want to change the neckline and since the dress is handknitted, I would like to frog the neckline and knit a new one (inspired by Eddie).
But what neckline style/detail should I choose?

More pictures and more refashions and creative projects at:


Amy Jo said...

wow! What a great dress! It looks like it took the dye evenly too. I like it better in the darker shade too!

Carissa said...

I'm not sure that pale yellow would look good on anyone. The warm brown is much better! I like the neck-line as is, but I think a v-neck could also look nice. Great job!