Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Larkspur Skirt

This one's actually a re-refash! I down-sized this skirt from a size 20 to a 10-ish a couple years ago.

Pleated Skirt Before & After

I loss a little more weight after that, and now the skirt fits even better, BUT I still found myself never wearing it. The length was just all wrong.

Larkspur Skirt - Before

So I cut off about 8 inches from the outer fabric and the lining, and I rehemmed them both. A quick press of the pleats, and we're all set!

Larkspur Skirt - AfterLarkspur Skirt - After

I will definitely be wearing this more often now!
Check out CarissaKnits for more pics and details.

Larkspur Skirt - Before & After


Lovenicky said...

The shorter length definitely looks better on your than the longer one. Lovely!

Joke Vermanen said...

I would have kept the length. But I'm much taller than you are ;)

cfortin said...

Much better shorter Carrisa!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Erinn Merlo-Jackson said...

I love what the shortening of the skirt does with the pleats. Good call! Very cute!