Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Pintrest Inspired Shoes

I didn't take a pic of shoes  'before' but they were just like this but a little worn in

I found my inspiration outfit on Pintrest. I did look for orange shoes online but the cheapest I found was around $80.00. I felt that was too much to pay for something I would occasionally wear.

I researched shoe makeovers online and there are a lot of tutorials out there on how to spray paint shoes. But it has been too cold to do that outside. So I tried to paint them with enamel craft paint...which DID NOT work. Don't even try it - the paint will crack. I was about to give up hope when I found leather paint online. I thought that the risk was worth $15.00. And you can get a color palette on Amazon for around $30.00.

I peeled off the enamel paint and cleaned them up with acetone. I then
 applied 3 coats of the leather paint. I let them dry for 24 hrs in between each coat. I applied 1 coat of Modge Podge. I wore them today and the paint did not crack. This paint is amazing and looks great. I see more painted shoe projects in my future.

After (please excuse the dirty insoles)


Nicole Layne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! These projects on your blog are awesome! I love seeing how creative people are.


Kelley said...

They're AWESOME! I'm soooooo into "Tango" {orange} right now, too! Incredibly easy, huh?! Good job.

Happy highways,

Maria Modl said...

What a great idea! You did such a good job, and the shoes are super cute :)


cfortin said...

What size are they? I want them :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Note: Don't forget to use your user name "J" as a tag so all your posts will be counted. Thanks

gypsybiscuit said...

Very cute! Orange is so IN right now. A word of caution--don't wear these shoes on a rainy day. The Modge Podge will not withstand the moisture and will begin to bubble and peel and your cute orange shoes will look like they are covered in a foggy film. Ask me how I know... :-(