Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Remaking a Long Sleeve Shirt with Dip Dye and Lace

Welcome to spring, everyone!  I know it's officially been spring for about two weeks, but it hasn't felt like spring. Today, I'm refashioning a plain white, long-sleeve jersey shirt. We're going to upcycle this shirt into something a little jazzier, with some dye and lace. I'm making this for the Pantone Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid!

Here's the before picture, except that I forgot to get a before picture, so my shirt was like XXXXL.

And here is the end result:

Happy Spring, everyone!


Adele said...

I like it, especially the new collar. Very pretty.

Adele - EOD
Mammy Made

Andrea said...

So cute! Love that its casual but extra special because of the lace collar :)

Kelley said...

Very cute refashion! Sew feminine!