Thursday, May 01, 2014

Cari's frocks Demin jacket redo

Hey!

My name really is Cari Frock and I LOVE to sew.

I have recently jumped on the latest sewing passion known as upcycle and refashion.

I don't have a 'before' pic for my 1st project, but you can guess at the basic hoodie/denim jacket. I had found a sweatshirt with this applique on the back that I immediately recognize as a Panamanian folk-art called Mola. A true Mola is only made on the San Blas Islands off the northern coast of Panama by the Kuna Indians.

I carefully removed the treasure and hand stitched the large piece to the back and a smaller strip to the front. I would like to further embellishment this garment, but am waiting on inspiration and another treasured find.



Next week I'm helping a friend to refashion her summer clothes before she heads to camp as staff, so I will have fresh items to post.

Til then...happy stitching!!

1 comment:

IWOM said...

I ask you -- could one of our newest posters chose a more perfect name?!?

Welcome on board. We look forward to your contributions.

IWOM: EOD