Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Cari's frocks Demin jacket redo


My name really is Cari Frock and I LOVE to sew.

I have recently jumped on the latest sewing passion known as upcycle and refashion.

I don't have a 'before' pic for my 1st project, but you can guess at the basic hoodie/denim jacket. I had found a sweatshirt with this applique on the back that I immediately recognize as a Panamanian folk-art called Mola. A true Mola is only made on the San Blas Islands off the northern coast of Panama by the Kuna Indians.

I carefully removed the treasure and hand stitched the large piece to the back and a smaller strip to the front. I would like to further embellishment this garment, but am waiting on inspiration and another treasured find.

Next week I'm helping a friend to refashion her summer clothes before she heads to camp as staff, so I will have fresh items to post.

Til then...happy stitching!!

1 comment:

IWOM said...

I ask you -- could one of our newest posters chose a more perfect name?!?

Welcome on board. We look forward to your contributions.