Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dyed blue (again)

As I have previously noted, I have a habit of only refashioning items that are blue, gray, or black. Even if they don't start out as one of those colors, I tend to dye them to be. This falls into the later category. I found this boring white short-sleeved jacket at a yard sale.

With two kids and a slight tendency toward clumsiness, I am not great at keeping white things white, so I dyed it blue with RIT denim-colored dye. It turned out looking like a men's work shirt, which I think is cool.

I am toying with the idea of embroidering my own "Amy" name patch for the shirt, but I am afraid that would make the work shirt reference too literal. What do you think?

Thanks for reading.


Hawk3ye said...

Go for the literal! And I looooove the color...

IWOM said...

Go ironic or go home!



jennifer elliott said...

I love the new color -- definitely spruces up the shirt.

DressUpNotDown said...

I'm all for the name patch! :o)