Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fixing my mom's dress

My mom has totally turned on to my refashion hobby and has now began to parlay clothing to me to see what I can do with it. Take this dress
Now this color looks great on my mom but not so much on my self. It was too big. The sleeves flew up. But the fabric swirly detail on the bottom was really cool. I decided a color change was in need - dyed it scarlet red from RIT dye. I added a piece of elastic to the waist area to cinch it in, followed by 3 sort of darts into each sleeve. To finish the sleeves, I did a rolled hem on the edge, which then made me realize I had to take in an arm hole. Done!
Recap! More info here.
(and I have made it 1/3 of a way through my 99 refashion challenge!)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Hill said...

Another great one! The color, the new sleeves, all of it.

Keep on, keeping on. You'll reach 99 in no time!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus