Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hawaiian Shirt=Kimono Coverup!

Hi Everyone!


Can't believe I forgot to share this one with you!

.My search for tropical treasure continues... This men's XXL Hawaiian shirt was a find for $2.50. Once again, I had the luck that it had never been worn as the tags were still attached. It is made of a beautiful rayon fabric with an awesome silky hand to it. I really loved the yellow accents on the print although they are hard to see on the pictures. Once I put on the shirt my project was clear. It had to be a kimono jacket!



2014-03-29 17.40.39



2014-04-04 12.07.45

This project was easy, fun, and dare I say it turned out very cute! I would highly recommend it for beginning sewers. I have paired it with a tank top and my white boyfriend jeans but it could easily be paired with Bermuda shorts or a pencil skirt and heels as well.

 See the entire transformation Here!

 'Til next time...

Love Ya,




Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Such a great idea! It looks great on you.

Gema Ensenat said...

I just love that! The colourful print, the fit... and the fact it's so versatile!! Just love it Mary :)

Carissa said...

I can't believe replacing the button band with a solid trim would make such a difference, but it totally did! I love it!


Joke Vermanen said...

As always you make beautiful pieces out of ... well things I would not wear at any time! Awesome again.

Marissa Nielsen said...

VERY CUTE refashion! Good job. :)