Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Button up Recon

I made this jacket earlier this fall from a polka dotted button up shirt my mom sent me.  It didn't fit me very well so I cropped it off at the waist, cut a circular neckline, added darts, cut the sleeves out of the arm holes then cut the sleeves in half.  I then reinserted the new quarter sleeve into the armhole and added gathers for fullness.  Then I added facing to the "new" jacket  and switched out the buttons!  Ya'll have a great day!:)


Andrea said...

So cute!!!

Natalie Suarez said...

so so cute! LOVE x

Natalie Off Duty

Elizabeth Hill said...

I was going to say "cute," but it seems the others beat me to it. How about adorable, charming, or delightful? ;)

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus