Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Lavender Sundress

I picked up a few jersey knit dresses to wear in the summer and found that I never wore the lavender one.
Maybe because it just looks weird on me... I pulled it out of the refashion pile to make it into a dress that I would wear more often.

I removed the sleeves, raised the waistline, adjusted the back and threaded the old belt/sash through to make it tie at the neck.
You can follow the step-by-step, see more details and read about a bad habit many of us who sew have picked up over on my blog.


Joke Vermanen said...

So much more fun!

Althéa Vestri said...

Well done!!

Sandy said...

Looks like a completely different person!
It will be great for summer.
Sandy in the UK

Rachel Kerstetter said...

Sandy, I do look like a different person in this picture! In the middle of the refashion, I got my hair cut and colored!

IWOM said...

Well, that's taking refashioning to the extreme!

A little lavender can go I long way I always say.


PS - Readers, make sure to click on the link to Rachel's blog. I fall into that guilty category and will be renewing my efforts to stop!