Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, May 09, 2014

#MMMay14: New Refashions!

I decided to pledge along with Me-Made May this year and my pledge was to wear me-made items everyday this month, make two pieces from patterns (something I NEVER do) and complete 10 refashions. Well, I have completed two refashions and wore them together today!

The first was this sleeveless lace top that I thrifted last month:

I turned it into a peplum tank by cutting off the bottom half, opening the loops and resewing them together before gathering and attaching it to the top half again...but it was kinda loose so I added a few pleats in the back at the new waist and then gathered the sleeves at the shoulder as I didn't like the original width. Here's how it came out:

My next piece was this thrifted floral t-shirt:

I cut it up the center, shortened the length and finished off the raw edges with twill and bias tape. Now I've got a new cropped floral cardi that I'm absolutely in love with!

Come see a bit more on these refashions and how I wore them today here. Hope you like 'em because I'm crushing on the two together big time! ;)



Kelsey said...

Great refashions! So cute :)

Andrea said...

Thanks Kelsey :)

Andrea EOD

Gema Ensenat said...

They'e both gorgeous! I especially love the cardi, so pretty :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Gema :) Appreciate your comments so much!

Magda E. said...