Friday, May 09, 2014

Oh Baby!

Hello :D

Loving all the refashions here recently - just SO much inspiration!

I thought I'd share something I've been doing for a while now, and sort of take for granted - making baby bibs as gifts for my friends who are New Mums.

It starts with an oilcloth table cloth, and is so easy to do, it almost feels like cheating!
(What's that all about? Something has to be technically difficult to be worthy? Apparently so!)

So... the Before picture you see is not so spectacular, being that it's just a table cloth, and a much deserved coffee!

When you've had your caffeine kick (!), cut the table cloth down to size, sew on some bias binding, stick on some Velcro (or 'hook and loop tape'), and add a ribbon & tag, and you have a wipe-clean bib ready to give...

This has now become one of my sidelines; I make a little pocket money from stocking a cafe near to where I live... This post has my How To video, or have a read of this blog post, which is more of a step-by-step pictorial I wrote last year...

Happy Refashionings... See you soon!
Gema x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is brilliant! I wouldn't have thought to do something like this but it's a great gift idea with a little extra sentiment!

- Rachel @ probablyrachel.com

Gema said...

Thank you Rachel! Yes, I've been surprised by the response I've had to them; my friends have been really touched... It's great when you can give something practical :)

Andrea said...

How cute/cool/awesome/smart is this!!! Great idea for tablecloths...I always see cute ones but never buy because we just don't use them. Now I have an excuse for picking them up ;)

Andrea EOD

Gema said...

Thanks Andrea! And yeah, there are some really cute designs out there- you start looking at table cloths in a whole new light! ;)