Monday, May 05, 2014

Ruffled Blouse Redo

This top had a bit more... mature appearance than I would have liked. Plus, it was missing three buttons, and the seams were coming undone in a few places.

Ruffled Blouse Redo

I removed the too-short, poofy sleeves and used strips of fabric from these to create a binding for my new armholes. I also repaired the damaged seams and replaced all six buttons with new ones from my stash.

Ruffled Blouse RedoRuffled Blouse Redo

Now to refashion a black pencil skirt to complete the outfit. These khakis pants just aren't doing it for me.

Ruffled Blouse - Before & After

2 comments:

Joke Vermanen said...

Yes this is much better! I also don't like the puffy sleeves, it makes you look so older... blegh!

cfort82 said...

Another great refashion Carissa. :-)

Cindy
Upcycled Design Lab