Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, May 05, 2014

Ruffled Blouse Redo

This top had a bit more... mature appearance than I would have liked. Plus, it was missing three buttons, and the seams were coming undone in a few places.

Ruffled Blouse Redo

I removed the too-short, poofy sleeves and used strips of fabric from these to create a binding for my new armholes. I also repaired the damaged seams and replaced all six buttons with new ones from my stash.

Ruffled Blouse RedoRuffled Blouse Redo

Now to refashion a black pencil skirt to complete the outfit. These khakis pants just aren't doing it for me.

Ruffled Blouse - Before & After


Joke Vermanen said...

Yes this is much better! I also don't like the puffy sleeves, it makes you look so older... blegh!

cfortin said...

Another great refashion Carissa. :-)

Upcycled Design Lab