Thursday, May 01, 2014

Turquoise Top

I bought this shirt at a thrift shop with intentions of wearing as it. But the single button kept bugging me. The other buttons are hidden under the placket (or whatever it is called!)


I removed the collar and sleeves. I opened up the shoulder seam and pintucked a few areas. Unfortunately the left and right sides are a bit off. But I don't think you could tell unless you were inspecting it very closely. Can you tell I am OK if my refashions are not perfect! So, what, who cares?!

I then re-stitched the shoulder seam back up

  I used the material from the sleeves to make ties with. I turned the collar edges down and inserted the ties and then sewed in place. I wasn't happy at that point because the ties were a bit to stiff to tie in a fashion that I liked. So, I just inserted a button hole and slipped the other tie through it. And it hides that darn button!








3 comments:

IWOM said...

I'm going to speak for everyone this morning by saying the last step is the best! What a great use for a button hole!

IWOM: EOD

Magda said...

Much much better. What an inspiring refashion.

Sandy said...

Love the idea of making the collar into a casing for the tie...oh yeah, and hiding the single button. What was that about? LOL
Sandy in the UK