Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bedsheet to New Dress!

Hey All!
Am super proud of how this one turned out. This started off as a bedsheet, and became this beautiful tie back dress with side cutouts.

The self-drafted frakenpattern (seen here) that I used was inspired by a cute wrap skirt I have as well as the bodice of my fav vintage dress. Once the pieces were all attached, and everything was neatly hemmed, I did some final tailoring adjustments to make sure it all fit well and offered just the right amount of coverage ;)



I definitely have Hulibug to thank for inspiring me to go for the vintage sheets, but my sister reminds me that I may also have been inspired by this Sookie Stackhouse number....

She's totally right, of course! See the tie back? What do y'all think? How's it compare?

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

The color and pattern of the bed sheets definitely inspire a dress! I love it!

Lola Nova said...

I love the tie back element, that works really well!

Nina said...

Thanks ladies!

IWOM said...

I think Sook is probably too busy cavorting with tasty paranormal boys to have time to make dresses from sheets.

;-)

IWOM: EOD