Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Circus Blouse

I picked up this blouse at Buffalo Exchange recently for $4 on the clearance rack.

Circus Blouse Refashion - Before

As disturbing as I find clowns to be, I was strangely drawn to this print with its creepy clowns, juggling ballerinas, unicycling jesters, and prancing ponies.

Circus Blouse Refashion - Before

I chopped off the sleeves and used some bits of lace salvaged from an old bra to cover a couple stains on the yoke.

Circus Blouse Refashion- After

No more stains!

Circus Blouse Refashion- After

I've styled it with a black pencil skirt (refashioned) and wide black belt (thrifted), as well as my Calvin Klein nude and black wedges (DSW clearance).

Circus Blouse Refashion- AfterCircus Blouse Refashion- After

More details and pics can be found at CarissaKnits!

Circus Blouse Refashion - Before & After


Feeling Kinda Thirfty said...

Great refashion! I really love the print, and it looks fabulous on you.

April Rogers-Krick said...

It looks so good and love the way you styled it. I also find clowns disturbing.

Clare said...

I like the lace. That is a nice touch.

jennifer elliott said...

You look fabulous!

Lovenicky said...

The lace really jazzed it up. Awesome!