Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Denim jeans refashioning blitz!

I have a big stash of denim jeans that people gave me for refashioning. What to do with a mountain of old, ribbed jeans? Make bags of course. I used scraps from my fabric scraps stash and created these 5 cute cross-body purses for my friends' daughters. The zippers were all thrifted but I did have to buy the straps.

First I cut all the jeans at the side seams and then cut standard sized stripes from them. I then sewed them together to create these little bags. I tried to make them look as unique as possible using my fabric/ribbon scraps. 

See more projects on my blog:


jennifer elliott said...

Oh my goodness! I love all the cute purses! Great idea on using old jeans! Great job!

Andrea said...

I was just given the legs from a pair of jeans (now cutoff shorts) and was thinking of making wine totes out of them...I love denim for bags! Yours are all so cute and I bet the girls loved them!

Andrea EOD