Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Easy fix for a large, boxy blazer

I had gotten this lovely linen blazer that I thought would fit but it was just too big and boxy. No shape.

This was going to be a project that would be way too much work to take in via sewing and tailoring. And the arms needed a bit more wiggle room- it was a tad tight there. But big in the waist. My solution was using elastic to gather both sleeves and then also use elastic to gather the waist- but it was only applied halfway around the back. Here is my end blazer!
Better fitting and I have plenty of room to reach and grab things. :) Here is the recap.



Carissa said...

I LOVE the gathered sleeves! Those are fantastic!


Anna said...

Way, way better. Inspiring!

Elisabetta Volpi said...

ottimo lavoro, ma come hai fatto?