Sunday, June 01, 2014

Floral top now skirt

I found an oversized floral top in a charity shop that had my name on it.  What's not to love about floral?

But it had unusual 'wings' for sleeves and I wasn't quite sure what to make with it.




One day I decided to try it on as a skirt as that neck was just large enough to squeeze through.  And you know what?  It really looked like a skirt!

So I cut across the bottom of the neckline, sewed up the sides and then added elastic for the waistband.

What do you think of my new skirt?




More details of this and other refashions can be found on my blog:


Happy refashioning everyone!




3 comments:

Sandy said...

Amazing you could get it on through the neckline!
Sandy in the UK

Carissa said...

Those wing sleeves were totally weird, but I love the floral print as a skirt! Excellent refash!

-Carissa
EOD

jennifer elliott said...

The shirt is absolutely perfect as spring-summer skirt. I love it!