Sunday, June 01, 2014

Fun Fringed Necklace from a T-Shirt

Hello all.   I am new to Refashion Co-Op and this is my first post on this blog, but sharing and older post from my blog that is one of the more popular posts, which is a a fun, fringed necklace from a t-shirt.

I am excited to be a part of this blog.   I have been sewing since my Mom taught me in grade school starting to make my own Barbie outfits and started making some of my own clothes in Junior High and dabbled in re-fashioning, but really didn't get into it until the past few years.

I learned of this blog through a blog that I follow Serger Pepper, and I am excited to be a part of it as I get inspiration from seeing all of the amazing ideas of other and it encourages me to work on all of the re-fashioning projects that I have picked up pieces for, but just haven't gotten around to doing, and get inspiration for even more projects.

Now back to this re-fashion.  You start with a t-shirt...it doesn't have to be a fancy t-shirt, any one will do so long as it fits comfortably around the neck.

I used one that had been my son's that we got a garage sale for 50 cents that had been a promotional item for the Indiana State Police "Buckle Up For Safety".  The only other items needed are a sharp pair of scissors and some beads if you would like.   This is simple enough that it could be a fun project for an older grade schooler girls or Jr. High Schooler slumber or birthday party to make.

For the tutorial click here.

Thanks again for having me on this blog and I look forward to seeing all of your amazing re-fashions!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Welcome to Refashion Co-op! I love these fast and easy refashions. They're perfect when you need quick dose of creativity.

-Carissa
EOD

P.S. Please be sure to use your username (the one you chose when you signed up - KMOM14) and nothing else as a label when you create a post. Our tech editor uses tags to organize all the posts into categories, so extra tags can gum up the works.