It was my neighbors birthday this past Sunday. I wanted to make him a little something. He's always so supportive of my craft. He also gives me tons of shirts and pants (i.e. material) to work with. I have made him a couple things in the past with jeans he has given me. I figured I would work with a shirt of his this time. This one was pretty well stained, so there wasn't too much I could do with it as far as wearable refashions go.
I had an idea for a way to make use of it. This idea will also help me make use of this letter pattern I bought a while ago and still haven't used.
(So many good intentions, so little time!)
The fabric needed a little color and design, so I pulled out my new starfish stamp and some orange speedball screen printing ink and set the shirt on some styrofoam to prepare it for stamping.
Stamping starfish is kinda fun! I need a little stamping practice, though. Luckily this project was perfect for practice. Mistakes pass for an artsy look on a pillow ;).
Looks like K was the lucky first letter to be used in the pack! I lined the shirt fabric with some white fabric, so it wouldn't be see through. Here is the finished pillow!
I think he liked it!
I have been dying to do these for the kids, too.
One of these days!