Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Refashion jeans.

When I was going through some boxes with clothes I found a pile of perfectly fine jeans, but 1 or 2 sizes to big. I wore them after my pregnancy but not for long. Since I now have my healthy figure back for quit a while... I wont get in the bigger sizes anymore. I was also in need of new jeans because my regular jeans were worn out at the knees. Reed below to find my solution for those pants.

Fist the bigger jeans:
The first thing I did was add another button to make the waist smaller. This was only helpful when the jeans was 1 size to big.

The next thing was add 2 more waist seams. And for that I had to remove the label.

And now the worn out jeans:

The first one was cut off below the knee and I removed the right back pocket. (I carry my cell-phone in that pocket so there were holes in it)

This pair had a nail in the back pocket which I covered with the label I removed from the pants shown above.
I added some fabric at the inside of the pant and folded outside. I added a fake pocket at the left side back pocket and a extra pocket because I spotted a blue stain.

The second one was cut off above the white knee stain.

I took the lower hem part of the legs, cut the side seam open and re-attached it without the stained knees. I didn't like the way the split stood open so I made some holes in it and run a lace through it. No pictures just yet sorry.

Watch this entire adventure on my blog.

And what do you do with some left over jeans legs?

So easy, I gave it the honor for it's own blogpost.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Joke Vermanen


Refashion said...

Great, wearable refashions. I like the jeans with matching pocket and trim.

Debbie EOD

Joke Vermanen said...

I also like that one the most.