Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Shirt Dress

This dress was handmade by me from a pattern. Unfortunately, I did not make a muslin as I previously made a sleeveless version before. Well, the sleeves turned out to be way too tight.
Here is the before picture - all wrinkly and sad...

I ended up cutting the sleeves off, turning the edges under and stitched.
I used the tabs from the sleeves and stitched them to the shoulders. I think they should be facing the other way, but the seam is hidden under the collar, so I went with it.

 Now I have a dress that is comfortable to wear. It is also very versatile. If you are interested, the original pattern is McCall 5847.
After pic...all pressed and ready to go!


Carissa said...

I love the little tabs on the shoulders! Who cares which direction they face!


Lola Nova said...

I really like the military vibe it has with the shoulder tabs :)