Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

2-for-1: Stripes & Floral

I snatched up these striped pajama pants at a bag sale yesterday...they set me back a whole $.27. Now, the problem with these is that they are size XS (which I am not) and absolutely wouldn't work as they were. But there's a pretty simple solution...and this process works with many kinds of pants! (Jeans, slacks...even sweatpants)
Love me some stripes!!!
After all was said and done, I've got myself a new hi-low stripy skirt :). I like how this came out and the high-waist makes it much more flattering on me, imo. One little quarter, and about half an hour is all it took.

Wanna see the step-by over on my blog? Check it out here.

Here comes another one! I had cut off so many scraps from my striped skirt that I had to do something with at least part of them right away. I've had this floral maxi dress for a while now and haven't been wearing it because it is too clingy on my waist and the thin fabric is a bit unforgiving. So I'd brought it out thinking I'd make it into a maxi skirt but had no wide elastic for a waist band. In comes a scrap of striped stretch fabric...
Stripes, meet Floral ;)
With a bit of chopping, sewing, and 15 minutes, I was victorious. This was incredibly easy...but that's kinda what I needed in the effort to get my sewing mojo back. And hopefully I have! Here's the final before & after shots:

Want to see how I did it? Hop on over here. :)

So, what do you think? I'd love to know what you would have made with each of these pieces! Sometimes I go with the most obvious choice, out of habit I'm sure, but maybe getting a different perspective could help me broaden my vision for refashion possibilities! Happy Refashioning :)



Carissa said...

The stripey skirt is great, but I *adore* the floral and stripe combo on that maxi skirt. What an awesome update!


Andrea said...

Thanks, Carissa :) I really love that combo too and am excited to finally get some wear out of it!