Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Angora Jumper

Early last winter baby & I went thrift store shopping. The plan was to find an ugly Christmas sweater for a party. Instead, I found the most amazingly soft sweater vest. It was 2 sizes too small for me, though I still wouldn't have worn it if it were my size because I don't do sweater vests, but I still determined it was coming home with us. Without looking at the tag, I knew that it was an angora blend!

It looked similar to this, though in a lovely light grey color. (I neglected to take a before picture of the one I purchased. Sorry.)

I carefully removed the binding around the arm holes and saved them. Using a free pattern I found online, I cut out a little jumper for my daughter. Then I hand sewed the binding back on to the new, smaller, arm holes.

And here's what I ended up with. After my daughter wore it once, I decided it was just a bit too plain, so I found some fabric flowers to jazz it up a little.

Final product! Adorable, and kept her nice & warm!


cfortin said...

Such a cute re-fashion and an adorable model.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Marlen said...

Awww that is TOO cute, ad how clever of you! I'd ever think of refashioning it that way. And your little peanut looks so cute in her new dress :)

xo marlen
Messages on a Napkin