Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Angora Jumper

Early last winter baby & I went thrift store shopping. The plan was to find an ugly Christmas sweater for a party. Instead, I found the most amazingly soft sweater vest. It was 2 sizes too small for me, though I still wouldn't have worn it if it were my size because I don't do sweater vests, but I still determined it was coming home with us. Without looking at the tag, I knew that it was an angora blend!

It looked similar to this, though in a lovely light grey color. (I neglected to take a before picture of the one I purchased. Sorry.)

I carefully removed the binding around the arm holes and saved them. Using a free pattern I found online, I cut out a little jumper for my daughter. Then I hand sewed the binding back on to the new, smaller, arm holes.

And here's what I ended up with. After my daughter wore it once, I decided it was just a bit too plain, so I found some fabric flowers to jazz it up a little.

Final product! Adorable, and kept her nice & warm!

1 comment:

cfort82 said...

Such a cute re-fashion and an adorable model.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab