Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Blouse expansion

Whilst rooting out some clothes for warm weather I found this blouse that I refashioned last year then put away for the winter. I bought it in a sale some years back, it's a very cheap construction, but a nice cotton/linen woven fabric, and I liked the ruffles on the front. It was stitched up the front with a false fastening and pearl buttons. The opening was at the side with a concealed zip. It fitted when I bought it, but after a couple of washes had shrunk (really!). No before pic, but it looked a bit like this.

I cut it up the front and turned a small hem on the edges, thought I might wear it open over a camisole, but because it's fitted round the bust it didn't hang too well, and I didn't want an extra layer for hot weather. So I cut a section from an old Tshirt, using the hem at the top and hemming the bottom, stitched it into the 'gap', making it slightly shorter than the shirt.

Easy peasy!


Sandy said...

what a clever idea!
Sandy in the UK

Kathryn said...

What a great idea!

Nina said...


Elizabeth Hill said...

Clever indeed! Very nice!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus