Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, July 13, 2014

She Sells Sea Shells Shirt to Skirt Refashion

I love the sea and I love shells!  
Which made this the perfect refashion project for me.
My mother-in-law found this shirt at the thrift store.  It was definitely handmade by someone.
I absolutely love the print and the fabric is really soft and heavy.  
Super comfy.

A couple chops later.  
Goodbye neckline. 
Goodbye sleeves.

I took in the sides a hair on top and tapered them down to meet the existing seam on the bottom and then I added an elastic casing on the top.
Cute sea shell skirt!

I seriously love this skirt.  
I've already worn it several times since I made it last week. 
I see me at the seaside in my sea shell skirt on several summer days!


jennifer elliott said...

I love this skirt too! During a recent shopping trip, I spotted a men's blue polo dotted with parrots and I thought that works make a super cute skirt. I kind of have regrets not buying the $4 clearance polo. Great job.

Carissa said...

That print is adorable, and I love that you kept the curved shirt-tail hem. Your little turtle necklace fits the outfit perfectly too!