Thursday, July 10, 2014

T-SHIRT REFASHION: no sew side braid

I know I'm not the only person who has oversize T-shirts folded in a drawer or kept in the closet. I love this dark grey Angry Birds T-shirt because it's pretty lightweight and can be worn with any of my shorts. However, the tee is a size or two too big -- comfortable -- but too big.


ANGRY614

Anyway, this refashion was easy and quick -- my two favorite adjectives! Because I wear the T-shirt for comfort first and appearance second, the alterations aren't super pretty. I cut off the hem of the sleeves to my desired length and simply snipped off the bottom hem to match the cut look of the sleeves.


ANGRU614A

Instead of fumbling my way through a tutorial on how to braid the side of a T-shirt, please click here for the wonderful tutorial. Even though the process is simple, I'm still in the learning and experimenting stage -- not quite qualified to provide clear and concise instructions.


abirds33


For more information about the T-shirt refashion and sneak peek at Las Vegas trip, click here.

Jennifer Elliott



1 comment:

IWOM said...

I am a big believer in not re-inventing the wheel! Besides, if a good tutorial inspired you, you kinda sort of owe it to us to share it!

IWOM: EOD

(PS - yeah, you aren't the only one with an oversize T stash...).