Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 07, 2014

Tribal Again!

I started with this thrifted dress I picked up for $4 (I believe).

It's actually very cute, fits me perfectly, and I could have left it, but I felt like messing around with the flexibility of this dress. So, I simply seam ripped it in two finishing off the bottom as a skirt and the top as a bandeau.

Here's the skirt.

Here's the bandeau.

Now that I've got two pieces, I can play a little more with how I wear this. As a dress, still, if I prefer...or separately!

How about you? Do you cut into perfectly good clothing just to make it something more? If not, maybe you should give it a try ;). Hope you enjoyed this one. If you'd like to see more of the process you can find it here. Happy Refashioning!



jennifer elliott said...

That's such a good idea! Always nice to have options. I love it as a skirt.

ChiChi Loves said...

I love the two options. The bandeau top is so on trend.