Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 07, 2014

Tribal Tank Top

A couple weeks ago, I posted  about this black pencil skirt refashion. Some of you may be wondering what I did with that crazy print fabric from the top of the dress. Well, wait no longer!

Black Pencil Skirt - Before & After

To complete this project, I also needed a plain black tee shirt. This one was purchased at a craft store for a bachelorette party years ago (we all decorated t-shirts with iron-on letters before going out on the town to celebrate our friend's upcoming nuptials), and it's just been sitting in my dresser ever since.

Tribal Tank - Before

From the back of the dress I cut the back of my new top, and from the back of the t-shirt I cut the front of my new top. I attached them at the sides and shoulders, then used strips from the t-shirt remnants to finish the armhole and neck edges.

Tribal Tank - After

Finally, I cut a little pocket from the remnants of the dress and attached it to the front of my new tank top.

Tribal Tank - After

More details and pictures can be found at CarissaKnits!

Tribal Tank - Before & After

1 comment:

cucicucicoo: ecological living said...

Great thinking to put the two shirts together like that! Looks great! :) Lisa