Monday, July 07, 2014

Tribal Tank Top

A couple weeks ago, I posted  about this black pencil skirt refashion. Some of you may be wondering what I did with that crazy print fabric from the top of the dress. Well, wait no longer!

Black Pencil Skirt - Before & After

To complete this project, I also needed a plain black tee shirt. This one was purchased at a craft store for a bachelorette party years ago (we all decorated t-shirts with iron-on letters before going out on the town to celebrate our friend's upcoming nuptials), and it's just been sitting in my dresser ever since.

Tribal Tank - Before

From the back of the dress I cut the back of my new top, and from the back of the t-shirt I cut the front of my new top. I attached them at the sides and shoulders, then used strips from the t-shirt remnants to finish the armhole and neck edges.

Tribal Tank - After

Finally, I cut a little pocket from the remnants of the dress and attached it to the front of my new tank top.

Tribal Tank - After

More details and pictures can be found at CarissaKnits!

Tribal Tank - Before & After

1 comment:

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

Great thinking to put the two shirts together like that! Looks great! :) Lisa