Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

JEANS REFASHION: to cute ruffly skirt


One of my favorite pairs of jeans had seen better days. I could've simply patched the holes on the side seams and the crotch area, but I wanted a denim skirt in my closet. I searched the interweb for a simple but cute jeans skirt design. I found a super cute and simple denim skirt featuring three slightly ruffled layers and frayed seams.


After studying the photo, I was pretty confident I could replicate the skirt with a thread and needle. Other than my fingers and tongue being occasionally pricked, I had no problem sewing the skirt during a few classic "Star Trek" movies with Rifftrax commentary. The whole process was surprisingly simple, and I'm pretty surprised with amount of projects I've been able to complete without a sewing machine.


For more information on the process, click here.

Gander over to my blog -- -- and look at some pretty pictures!

Jennifer Elliott


Nanna said...

your skirt turned out great! I have tons of my hubsands jeans just waiting to be turned into something


jenny_o said...

That is a LOT of hand sewing - kudos to you! Cute result, too.

jennifer elliott said...

Thanks so much!

Jennifer, EOD

Nina said...

Nice! Its got that sassy punkish look :)