Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Not for the fashionista's

I'm back from my summerholiday and in for some new refashions!
This is one not for the fashionista's but for comfort.

There were 2 comfy sweaters. The first one has been mine for over 15 years! and was wearing out on the sleeves and collar. The other one I purchased in Paris but the hood had been put on crooked and there were paint stains on it.

So I combined these 2 for a 'new' sweater. And I did a good job! 2 evenings on the couch ripping of the sleeves, collar and hood. And 1 evening to put it together again. I also removed the zipper and put it back again.

It is really comfortable and I wear it every evening when I watch tv or sit behind the computer.
Only.. hubby doesn't like it enough to let me wear it in public!

I still had the body of the blue sweater. Hubby suggested to make a pillow out of it. Line the pocket at the front so I could cuddle the pillow when I'm curled up on the cough fighting belly ache. He really knows me!
Because there were grease stains on it I decided to bleach and that worked well. Now I only need to find a fitting pillow, this thing is huge!

Read the post here and visit my blog for more refashions!

Greetings Joke.


mkc said...

Great re-use of two sweats. I also like to have something comfortable to wear at home, but that I might not wear out. You have motivated me to keep going with my own sweat refashion.

Joke Vermanen said...

And I love it so much!

jennifer elliott said...

You're amazing! I admire your patience to take apart two sweaters and then piece together. The sweatshirt looks super comfy, and I would totally ignore my husband if he said I shouldn't wear it public. ;)

Carissa said...

This looks so incredibly comfortable. I would wear it all the time, regardless of what my husband said!


Joke Vermanen said...

You are the best ladies! And of course I ignored my husband and I wore the sweater every evening of our 3 weeks camping trip =D