Monday, August 25, 2014

PANTS REFASHION: from pant legs to skirt

I have a love-hate relationship with this skirt. I took two pairs of khaki pants that didn't fit Charlie anymore. The pants were a little big and a little too long for me, but a few hot washes and a belt could remedy the size issue. So, I turned the two pairs of pants into two pairs of khaki shorts with a hemmed rolled cuff. But what could I do with four pant legs with the original hem intact? Hello, new skirt!

pink1a
ONE OF THE TWO PAIRS OF KHAKI SHORTS I REFASHIONED FROM MY HUBBY'S KHAKI PANTS.

I am ecstatic that I turned two pairs of khaki pants into two pairs of shorts and one skirt! Other than little bits and scraps, I wasted very little, which makes me happy. ANNNNND I completed all three refashions without a sewing machine! I sat my bum down in front of the TV for some background noise and went to work with my needle, thread, and scissors. I couldn't be more proud of myself.

je.skirt

For more details on the project, click here.

Come on over and visit my blog -- jenniferelliott14.com -- and get ready for a good laugh at my hilarious and very unsexy ice bucket challenge!

1 comment:

Refashion said...

That is such efficient use of the trousers! I like the idea of a khaki skirt from the lower legs.

Debbie EOD