Sew Country Chic tutorial: http://www.sewcountrychick.com/quick-mens-shirt-refashionpeasant-tunic/
|Before. Large ladies shirt.|
|Pins mark cutting line.|
|Black buttons. Bias casing added.|
- Keep tunic size/shape. Change neckline to peasant style.
- Cut neckline higher than most tutorials show.
- Add white bias strip casing cut from pillow case stash.
- Add elastic.
- Change to black buttons on front & cuffs.
- Wear with refashioned white linen pants.
- Casual/Professional outfit for College and School District visits.
Add-on: I like fabric napkins and hope they reduce my ecological footprint. Scrap napkins remind me of clothes I make/refashion.
- Combine shirt/pillow-case scraps to make a casual napkin for the kitchen napkins basket.
- Back with white scrap from neck binding, 7 " wide, serge.