Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Quick Fixes

I didn't do a bit of refashioning for two weeks straight, and to get back into the habit, I've got three quick fixes I've completed this week.

The first is a no-sew refashion where I simply cut the top off of this too-short strapless dress to make myself a breezy skirt! Now that I can wear it down farther on my waist, it isn't too short and was the perfect piece for a day in the city with my boy :).

This next is a shoe refashion. I'd had these for two years without wearing them hardly at all, so I finally took care of what was bothering me...the extra long tongues that snapped to the outside. Cool to someone else, but I prefer the classic Converse, so I simply trimmed them up :).

The last one is another! The ruffle never laid down right (unless I ironed it, and even then it seemed to have a mind of its own). So, I cut the ruffle away and used an overlocking stitch to prevent fraying. So simple, but made all the difference in how often I wear this now!

To see more on each of these refashions, go here, here, and here. Hope you enjoyed these simple updates! Happy Refashioning :)

Little Did You Know


jennifer elliott said...

Your work always amaze me. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. Did you know that your next post is your 100th! I find that kind of exciting!!!

Andrea said...

I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads, Jennifer, gotta make 100 a good one! And I always appreciate your sweet feedback :)