The process was pretty simple: cut off sleeves and collar and hem the top portion. At first, I wanted to use elastic thread to shir -- or shirr -- the top portion of the skirt. Unfortunately, my mom's sewing machine wasn't too fond of the elastic thread in the bobbin area. I tried to hand sew the elastic thread, but I was frustratingly unsuccessful.
I went to my go-to method -- create a casing and insert piece of elastic. Boom! Another skirt completed! Except I wasn't 100% in love with the new skirt. It needed ... something. So, I created a cute fabric flower and added it to the skirt. Now, I have a new favorite skirt!
For more details, hop over to my blog at jenniferelliott14.com and click here for the semi-tutorial.