Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Taking It All In

My husband and I had a little get-away this past week, so I didn't have much time to squeeze in my sewing allotment (am I the only one who gets a little twitchy if I don't sew something every so often?). So I just grabbed a couple pieces that only needed minor tweaks.

These boring khaki slacks I picked up secondhand a couple months back, but I never actually wear them. I would if they were skinnies though! And the pale pink blouse I've had for a couple years now, from when I was a bit heavier. All it really needs is a quick re-fit too.

Pink Blouse & Khaki Skinnies - Before

I simply turned both garment inside out and put them on. Then I carefully pinned the side seams of the shirt and the side seams of both legs before extra carefully taking them off again. A few lines of stitches, and I had a new outfit for our vacation!

Pink Blouse & Khaki Skinnies - AfterPink Blouse & Khaki Skinnies - After

Come see me at CarissaKnits for more pics and details!

Pink Blouse and Khaki Skinnies - Before & After


Gema Ensenat said...

They're great- look perfect on you now! And yes...I get twitchy too without sew time!! :)

Joke Vermanen said...

It fit's great! And I'm going to use the tips for my own blouse =D

jennifer elliott said...

Small fixes make all the difference! Nice job!

Andrea said...

Much more flattering! Love the pants in particular...may need to find myself a pair ;)

Andrea EOD

Nina said...

Great tailoring!