Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

That's a long skirt...

I shortened this skirt just a bit, then added some gorgeous
I found this breezy summer skirt at a thrift store for $3.99.   It was half price day on all clothing, so I grabbed it and a few other skirts to play around with.   It actually fit me with no alterations needed.  WHOA, right?   I wore is a few times, but felt frumpy and unhappy with it.   The skirt was made with three tiers, so I decided to remove the bottom tier, thinking that would be a good length.  It was easy to cut apart, but I was surprised at the remaining skirt portion;  it was quite a bit shorter than I intended.  Whoops….
I had an old tablecloth with a gorgeous crocheted trim in my stash .  The table cloth wasn’t something that I wanted to ever use, but the trim is amazing.  I detached the trim from the tablecloth while watching some TV and then added it to the bottom of my summer skirt.   I love that it gave me a bit of length to the skirt and TONS of pretty feminine detail to this $1.99 skirt.

Now, the bottom of that skirt……  It’s already hemmed  and perfect for adding onto something……

Check out Refashion Co-op for more fun refashion projects!

Amy Jo at The Little Moments


RenataLaura said...

I dont wear skirts shorter than knee length or just above so do tend to skip short dresses, adding the lace or crochet is a good idea! I think it's prettier too

Leslie said...

Hi, the crocheted trim is very pretty- not sure I'd want to see the 'crotched' one! ;)

jennifer elliott said...

Adding lace or some other trim is my go-to when a skirt is a little too short for me. Great job.

Carissa said...

The crocheted trim works so well with the print on the skirt. It's like they were made for each other!