Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Three simple and quick refashions

Although I like how the more complicated refashions challenge my creativity and sewing skills, I have a special fondness for the simple and quick refashions. A a few stitches, or a few cuts or a single piece of ribbon can transform a piece of clothing into something wearable in 10 minutes.

Plissé, chiffon, nude. Perfect skirt except it was one size too large. So I took it in at the side.

Great colour T-shirt made from nice soft jersey. But it was designed with a completely open back (hello bra). I cannot think of any occasion, where I would think that it was the right outfit (beach maybe). So I sewed the slit shut.

This high-low skirt felt a bit too short, so I added a piece of lace shelf edging (I think its i makrame'd. It is handmade anyway. I got a big bag of it for free in a charity shop :-o. Nobody wants that stuff anymore).
I went for the "lace slip underneath"-look.

They took 10 minutes max. to refashion each.


1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I'm with you, too! I like the complicated refashions to challenge myself and feel a sense of accomplishment but I also need the quick and simple refashions when I become too frustrated or something. Anyway, I like all three of your refashions. Great job.

Jennifer, EOD