Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Two Dresses from One Skirt

I got this 2XL tiered skirt from a friend. The blue and purple batik fabric was just awesome, but the elastic was pretty much shot!

Batik Dress - Before

I chopped off the stretched-out waistband and found I had enough fabric to make two dresses - so I did! One for me and one to donate. I cut the skirt up both side seams and stitched each half into its own tube. I then trimmed the back a little lower than the front, added a casing, and inserted some new elastic. Tada!

Batik Dress - AfterBatik Dress - AfterBatik Dress - After

Check out my full post on CarissaKnits for more details!

Batik Dress - Before & After


jennifer elliott said...

That is simply gorgeous! And I love all the accessories you're wearing with the dress. You amaze me!

Cari Frock said...