Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 01, 2014

Big skirt to smaller skirt refashion

Last winter I found a hand made couple skirts at my favorite thrift store. One was a plum color and the other was charcoal. And both were HUGE.

I neglected to take pics of the charcoal one before I cut into it, so just imagine that this purple one is charcoal, since both skirts were identical except for color.

I could fit in here twice!

Using a skirt I own as a template, I turned the charcoal skirt into 2 fitted skirts, one pencil skirt length and one shorter.

Pencil Skirt Length

Mid-Calf Length

There were plenty of scrap left, so I used some to replace the holey toes on a thrifted pair of PJs for my daughter.

New feet!


Nina said...

Love the pencil skirt. Looks like a perfect fit!

jennifer elliott said...

Great job! I love creating more than one refashion from one piece of clothing. Love it.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD