Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, September 19, 2014

Bling It On!

In my ongoing obsession with refashioned jewelry, I present to you these lovely little barrettes a friend gave me to re-purpose. It's been a good 20+ years since I've worn barrettes, let alone sparkly ones, but these are mighty cute.

Barrette Necklaces - Before

With a little help from my wire cutters, pliers, and jewelry-making supplies, I found a way to make them a bit more age-appropriate.

Pink Barrette Necklace - After

Green Barrette Necklace - After

To see how I did it, check out the full post on CarissaKnits!


jennifer elliott said...

I love anything with hearts! I love them as necklaces. Nice job.

Andrea said...

Been loving your jewelry updates...have one in mind to do now! :)

Andrea EOD