Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 08, 2014

Flowy and Floral

This $2 XL button-down blouse had shoulder pads out the wazoo and absolutely no shape (though I suppose square is a shape). But I really liked the floral print and the flowy-ness of the fabric.

Floral Polka Dot Blouse - Before

I removed the shoulder pads and the dated buttons, and sewed the button band closed. I took in the sides, and I turned the whole thing around and made the back into the front, adding a few pleats at the bust. Finally, I used some polka dot bias tape from a previous refashion to finish the edges.

Floral Polka Dot Blouse - AfterFloral Polka Dot Blouse - After

Stop by CarissaKnits for more details and photos!

Flowy Floral Top - Before & After


Refashion said...

oH MY! That was one big blouse! It looks so much prettier now. I like the bias edging and front pleating.

Debbie EOD

Joke Vermanen said...

Very you!

Bailey Mills said...

A much better blouse for that pretty fabric. :)

Andrea said...

Way better, of course, I love this shape and flattering and I need to make more for myself! On top of all that, the polka dot bias is PERFECT!!! Love that idea and totally stealing it soon...if I can get myself sewing again ;)